Friday, September 23, 2011

The Mermaid's Muse felted wool dolls

Several months ago I was browsing through Etsy and came across The Mermaid's Muse. I fell in love.
I never knew that wool could so beautifully express emotion and relationship.  Don't you just love these pieces?
The store's owner, Kate, has two children. She writes:
My daughter sees mermaids in every body of water we pass. Her glorious imagination and bright interest in life provides fuel for my creativity. From the simplicity of Waldorf-inspired toys to the profoundness of a parent's first embrace, I have the chance to see the world anew through her eyes. She is my muse.

As of November 2010 I am blessed with yet another muse! A new baby reminds me of the fast fleeting nature of childhood as she grows and changes everyday. Through many of my newest pieces I relish motherhood and the bond of love for a child.
Kate sent me "Dandelions" to review: a mother and child discovering the beauty of an everyday  flower. The set of dolls is about 7" high and solidly felted.
Look at these incredible details--the curly hair, the silken scarf...
If you love her work as much as I do, please visit The Mermaid's Muse. Her pieces would make the perfect gift for a new mom or mother-to-be; for a midwife, doula, or physician; or of course for yourself!

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...